Thursday, February 14, 2013

weight loss and Valentines day

It truly amazes me what we do to our bodies and all we put ourselves through on a daily basis. When Todd went into the hospital, a month ago, they weighed him and he weighted 270 lbs.  I knew he had put on weight, he knew he had put on weight, and we both knew it was a lot of weight.  It didn't bother me, he weighed 370 when we got married, but I was concerned about his health.  Enter Heart disease and kidney failure.  Sigh!  We have both been diligent in watching our sodium and potassium intake.  Ya never know how creative one can be in the kitchen until you HAVE to be.  He stepped on the scale yesterday morning, he has to weigh himself every day to make sure his body is NOT retaining more fluid, and hit an all time low,,  219 lbs! WHAT???  OK I would say about 85% of that is fluid FINALLY leaving his body, and the other 15 is my mad cooking skills!  BUT STILL, that is the smallest he has been our entire married life.  He is withering away.  So today, my to do list consists of calling the dr and making sure he wants Todd to continue to take the diuretic.   His feet look amazing, I will post a pic today when I get home from work, if I remember.  Aside from the dizziness he constantly feels, he is moving around so much better.  I still worry about him constantly when I am at work. I think I always will.  it helps that Jake gets out of school by 1 pm so he is home if his dad needs him.

This man (Todd, not Jake) IS my valentine.  There are not enough words in the English language to express how much I love him. And I would go through this 10 times over if it meant I got to spend eternity with him.  He is my world, my love, my life.  He keeps me strong, and supports anything I want to do.  It is my hope that our girls find someone just like their dad, whose life goal is to make his wife happy.  

I love you baby.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear he's doing better! Though i think i missed something about his feet... were they awful looking before? Or you just like feet? ;)
    Anyway, thanks for the updates! Happy Valentines to you two.

    ReplyDelete