Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bless her heart!

I love our children, every single last one of them! They continue to amaze me as they grow into fantastic adults who make great choices and live life selflessly. 

Our oldest daughter read the blog post I posted a few days ago when I dumped my entire heart on here.  She decided to take it upon herself to try and help us, so she set up a website for donations,, here http://www.gofundme.com/4zgey0 Then she contacted the newspapers and radio stations in St George and asked if they would do a story on her Dad. She got a call back from one paper and they are running a story, not sure when, but it is the St George News that is doing it.  So because of this, her dad knows about her efforts and it is no longer a secret.  Through her efforts we have raised over $1500.00 in 5 days! 

 I am in awe of the love and support from friends, family and strangers.   People we don't talk to or see very often or have never met have donated.  We are humbled and brought to tears over everyone's generosity. We feel very undeserving of such love.  Thank you to everyone who has shared her link, read our story and help, whether it be by picking Todd up in St George and taking him to his dr appt's, or taking him down here to his eye appt's , or just calling or texting him to see how he is doing.. And to you all who text call, and check up on me to make sure I am still sane.  We love you all so very much, and would be completely lost without you.

The last few days have been good days, Todd has been able to do more and keep things down. Although it feels like he is surviving on his anti-nausea medication on an hourly basis.  

I am off for the next 2 days so I am hoping to get caught up on laundry and at least pick up a bit today and let my sweetheart rest as much as possible, then enjoy Sunday at church with my family. 

Love to all, embrace what you have today and treasure it!

No comments:

Post a Comment