Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lucky 13

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. I never in a million years dreamt I would spend it without my hubbster.  I braced myself for a hard day,, after all memorial day sucked all around, and so did the day after,, why wouldn't today right?

Well  I woke up and didn't even realize what today was until I was out of the shower and getting ready for work. And I smiled when it hit me.  He is stuck with me for all eternity, and I love that.  I love that I get him forever!  I love that I chose him and he chose me, not once but TWICE!!

I went to work and smiled and laughed at work,,even bought myself a present from todd, haha,  and didn't have any sad thoughts until I came back from lunch and heard a song playing on the PA system.  I quickly got busy and tuned it out,, I am a mom of course, and I have that ability, to tune out the troublesome and unwanted haha.   After work I headed to massage envy for a 90 minute massage,  OH EMMM GEEE Heaven!  seriously heaven.  I loved it, fell asleep a couple times on the massage therapist.  Now if I could just get someone to come massage me to sleep every night I'd sleep great!  I came home to flowers from a very close friend of mine in Canada, and Rich and his boys were waiting, for us to go to Texas Roadhouse, Todd's favorite restaurant.  Rich had texted a bunch of our friends to meet us there, and we had so much fun, there were a couple of our close friends that couldn't make it, and they were missed.  Can I just say I seriously have the best friends out there!   seriously I laughed and laughed so hard tonight.  

We ate, we laughed, we joked around.  I love that I can be me around them.  I love that they love me and accept me for who I am, and they expect nothing more from me than what I can give.   I am allowed to be sad, to cry, to bawl, to laugh, to joke around, to be me.  People were afraid to wish me a happy anniversary today, I wish y'all weren't afraid to say it, but my usual suspects said it,...  and meant it.

Now I am sitting at home, going over the events of today, shocked I haven't been an emotional mess, missing my sweetheart, yet knowing he has been with me all day long, loving me as only he can.  No man has loved a woman more.  I regret nothing of saying yes to him 13 years ago when he asked me to be his wife.  There are things I would change, sure, who doesn't have things they would change from their past, but I wouldn't change saying yes to loving him forever.  Twice!

Thank you to all of you, for your love, your continuous support, the kind words and thought.  I love each of you so very much.  Now I am going to go upstairs and do what I have done every year for the past 12 years,,, crawl into bed, roll over and go to sleep!

Happy 13th Anniversary baby!! I love you to the moon and back and forever.


1 comment:

  1. To many more ice cream anniversaries for you and I .....Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete