Saturday, April 5, 2014

Here Goes Nuthin!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!! I simply can NOT say that enough about the power of blessings and prayers!! Seriously!  We had a very close friend of ours come give Todd a blessing in preop, because I wanted him to have one! LOL  Every thing went really well during the surgery and after.  We are both chalking it up to his hemoglobin being aLOT higher than what it was a month ago,, thanks to the Epo shots I give him once a week!!  Yep, I getta poke my man once a week ladies!! WOOO HOOOO

His color is back thanks to those shots,, they cost about $800 a pop,, YAY for insurance and deductibles that are met within 3 weeks!  hehe, he really does look so much better!  When the surgeon, Dr L, came out and told me everything was great and he could go home for real this time in an hour or two, he also said that we could and needed to start dialysis asap.  I'm thinking,,, DUH!

So we stayed the night thursday night at Kenzie's, as a precaution, I like knowing every one of our medical team is close by if there is a huge emergency.  And we got up and left Friday morning, racing our Dialysis nurse to our house. She had to bring down the machine, and program it so we can do it, and do a home visit for the first time.  Mad race to clean up the bedroom ensued!

She comes in, and gets everything going for us, and we are off,,, couple clicks, and hooking up a couple hoses and we start!   She leaves, and I am waiting for some alarm on the machine to go off.... what do ya know,,, 4 am comes, I wake up and Todd is still alive! I'm telling y'all,, RN material RIGHT HERE!!!!
Erma looks like she is having way too much fun here,, either that or they are both sick of me snapping pics every freaking time! hahahaha Todd doesnt look scared at all either right???  *giggle*  

We go through the steps of doing a manual drain to get as much excess fluid off him as we can and unhook him.  and we are done.  First at home dialysis treatment completed! No one died or bled out or anything!!!  Now if I can just keep this up until we go for clinic on Thursday!!  heheehe

I am so grateful to our friends who jump up and take levi when he needs a place to be that has parents in the home after school, and for friends that call asking what we need, and what they can do.  AND friends that drop everything and come give both of us blessings to get through whatever is put in front of us.. and the BEST MEDICAL TEAM IN THE USA!!!!  Honestly,, we could NOT do this without any of you!!! Nor would we want to!  You are so appreciated! Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment