Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Comfort

There are few things that give me comfort, well no, there are alot of things that give me comfort, they are just different from what used to bring me Joy.  These are not the same thing.

One of the things that brings me much comfort is my friends.  Old friends that I have had for 43 years, friends that I have made because of the accident, and friends I have because one young boy decided a mission was his to server.  One young man.  Made a decision, to leave his family for two years, and because of that young man, I now have so many friends in Utah, and Georgia.  I got the opportunity to meet a few of these friends last night.  I am so so very glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and met up with these family's and connect with them on a personal level.

Two of these incredible family's also had young people who decided to give up two years of their lives to serve in Georgia, and left their families to work with my young man.

The one in the blue shirt, she has welcomed my young man into her home,  fed my young man, hugged my young man, loved my young man, and touched my life in ways she will never know.

Today is her day, to allow her young man to leave her for two years as he serves the Lord in the Utah, St George Mission.  She asks me, how am I going to let him go? And memories come flooding back of how so very hard it was for me to let my young man go, and the tears fall.  All I can say is "because you have faith my sweet friend, my sister, and faith with out works is dead".  My heart is mixed today, it hurts for her as much as it did that day almost two years ago, when I had to drive away and give back to the Lord with what He had entrusted me with 18 years ago.  My heart also sings for her, for the blessings that will come to her because she has returned to the Father, what He entrusted her with 18 years ago, will be numerous and plentiful!  There will be tears... there will be heartache, there will also be joy, and happiness and comfort.  And when you are missing him so much you feel like you are going to break apart,, your family, us other missionary mommas that broke bread with you last night, we will be there to bring you comfort no one else can!

Love you Nancy!  More than you will ever know! it is our turn to help you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment