Monday, January 25, 2016

The pursuit of Happiness..

So I met this guy....

at a wedding...

where I was one of the maid of honors.....

*she had two, because we love her that much!*

I saw him sitting alone,,, and asked my bride/friend who he was...

she saw an opportunity for two of her best friends to be happy, and couldn't introduce us fast enough!!

we hit it off, spent the rest of the evening talking and getting to know one another,,

He took me for a spin on his bike,, and I was hooked...



We both wanted to get to know each other better, and were both a little more than apprehensive of jumping in with both feet,, we both have kids that have been through more than any kid should have to go through....and we have both been hurt.

we decided to take it slow and see where it goes...

I was able to open up to him and tell him my story,, and he sat and listened,, held my hand when I cried, and helped me see straight when all I saw was sorrow and endless pain...

He met my kids,,

I met his...the ones in town...

He met my parents,, *seriously,, at 43,,, never thought I would be introducing a man to my parents!! and he never thought he would be meeting parents at his age!!!,, WELL PLAYED LIFE!! WELL PLAYED!!*

He respects me, he respects my space,, he respects my grieving process and helps me through it more than he will ever know.

He holds my hand while tears are streaming down my face over missing my husband and son...

He keeps a smile on my face,, and brings laughter out of me that I haven't heard in a long long time.

He holds my hand.

He wraps me in his arms when I am breaking down and need a safe spot to just cry.

He doesn't push me.

He gives advice when asked, and just listens when needed.

He truly listens and hears what I am saying,, even when everything comes out jumbled

He lets me vent, no matter how unreasonably angry I can be,, and then he softly talks sense to me.

He confides in me... and I like that!

He includes me in the things he enjoys doing,, and seriously takes me on the best dates. 



He met my in-laws last night.  95% of them.  And I caught this moment..

and it made me smile...


Seriously,, who is that comfortable around your girlfriends inlaws??? Can I tell you how much I LOVE this picture??? ( he has no clue I took it! )

He hates that I take his picture, and he lets me do it still. 

He isn't afraid to act silly with me




I do not pretend to know what life has in store for me...or for him....  I do not pretend to know where this will go...

I do know,, for right now,, in this moment,, this works...

I'm so grateful he came to the wedding of a friend he hadn't seen in 10 + years!!!

And I stuck around after the wedding ceremony and didn't go see Brad paisley. 😉







No comments:

Post a Comment