Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Walking through the halls...

Kenzie and I called Levi's school on Tuesday to see if maybe Mrs. Jensen had any of his school work that I could get...  She told me she even found the lost Christmas Present,, that Levi thought he had lost on the friday school got out, *que tears*

So down we went to his school.  We took some Canadian smarties (the funsized ones) to his class, it was one of his favorite candies, and the kids were so excited to try them!!!  They were so incredible! seriously, 11 yr olds are at the perfect age,, they are trying to spread their wings, yet still wanting to please Mum and Dad *oh just go with it, I'm in mouring! lol*   I had like 13 of the smarties packs left and one of the students said he would give me $10 class money for one package.. haha Mrs. Jensen said $100!!  Suddenly I had 13 other kids lined up to give me $100 each for a pack of smarties.  Kenz whispers "mum give me one" And goes up to this quiet boy at the front of the class and gives him the package.

We all went into the hallway and took a group picture of everyone in his class,, MAN I LOVE THESE KIDS!!!   We are laughing and talking and yes even crying a little, yet I find so much comfort in hearing their stories of how Levi was so stinking smart, or how he knew so much about dr who, or how a couple of them would play "Live minecraft" with levi at recess or lunch.  And the hugs,, oh those hugs were the very best!!!  

As we are getting ready to leave, Mrs. Jensen hands me a stack of letters from the class,, full of memories of Levi.. I can hardly wait to ready these as Kenz and I head out of the school.   Kenz tells me about the little boy who was so very quiet at the front of the class and I realize it is one of Levi's friend's that live in the same neighborhood as us.  Sam,,, oh sweet Sam!!!  I go back to the class and sneak in, give him a hug and whisper, "thank you for being such a good friend!"  He smiles, I am sure I embarrassed him, and I didn't mean to,,, so I hope one day he will forgive me!

For that moment, that brief visit,, (15 minutes) my heart was full,, my heartache was lessened just a bit.. it was like Levi was right there with us, laughing and joking about "live minecraft"

For that moment, I felt whole again,,,, And I am grateful for the sweet spirits who had nothing but awesomeness to share with me about Levi!

Love love Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment