Friday, February 13, 2015

60 days,,, 2 months down, a lifetime to go

And I can do this!  I am doing this.  It's crazy ya know,, two months ago today I was kissing my sweetheart goodbye and hugging my baby boy as I walked out the door to finish my training, not knowing how drastically my life would be changing in a matter of hours.  

A lot has happened these last 60+ days,, and it's been good.  I still cry every day,, mostly,, sometimes it's just a tear welling up in my eyes, other times I quickly text my neighbor and tell him I need a punching bag,, as the tears stream down my face.  And I'm ok!  Life is good, wonderful in fact.  Because of recent events I have met people I otherwise wouldn't have met, I care more about what matters, I appreciate more, I desire less, I pray more, I laugh more, smile more, see the good in more and less of the bad.  

I walk, every morning as the sun crests the mountains and awakens the world, my house is nestled in between the mountains and I absolutely love it, the beauty, the magnitude of reality that the Lord has got everything under control. I agreed to my trials and my blessings long before I came to earth, I promised my Father in Heaven, whilst sitting on His knee that if He let me come down I would be so very good and do my best to return to Him. I let Him carry this, He has promised me that everything will be ok.  I have my eternal companion, I have my family and yep,, they are stuck with me forever.  

My head is not in the clouds, I know there are still tough days ahead,, I am still expecting tears to flow, I still miss my husband and. My son so very much. Every single day.  And I still don't sleep well, but the Lords got this.  And I'm ok with that.

Two months ago today my life changed on this earth, two months ago today I got a glimpse of my Fathers promise to me if I keep my promises to Him, so that is what I will do.  I will continue to love life, to love in general, to be a difference in someone's life who needs a smile, a laugh,, a hug, a shoulder.  I will share my story when asked and listen when needed.  I will continue to experience this glorious journey called life...


Love love love

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time. One moment at a time. One challenge at a time. No need to concentrate on the whole lifetime ahead right now. :)

    ReplyDelete