Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night

When asked what we want for Christmas, the grown up in us usually answers with something like "world peace".. or I want my kids to get a long, a happy season with family.. and the list goes on and on, all sounding the same.

This year is no different.  I wished for happiness for my babies and their spouses, for peace in my heart, and for a home filled with love.  Above all, I wanted to just enjoy the holiday.  For this year, I wanted happy memories, I wished for the hole in my heart to close just a little more, not forgetting, just not aching as in years past.

And that is what I have been blessed with!  Kenz and I talked and she told me she was taking facebook off her phone for the month,, again not to forget her Dad and brother, but to remember the happiness and not that horrid day,, I followed suit and took it off my phone.  What a blessing it has been!!  The 13th of December came and went, I called my kidlets and told them I loved them, and worked.  My work sent me flowers to let me know they were thinking of me, and that is when I cried!, the thought that some people who have never met my guys have been touched by them.  It's very surreal.

We went to St George for the weekend on the 20th of December, and had an early Christmas with my kids.  We went to see Aquaman on Friday, ice skating on Saturday, the Live Nativity Saturday night, and then we opened presents.  Man my kids spoil us!!  Kenz and Jeff made a beautiful scrabble board with all our names on it, our entire families,, Including their dad and Levi, and Tom's kids.  I love that they have accepted Tom as family and welcomed all of them into our lives.  Jake and Emily put together the cutest date night box for Tom and I,, complete with chocolate tasting and crafts.. seriously love that they all put so much thought into their gifts for us.  We gave Emily a blanket she can wear, that girl loves blankets, Jake got a Chewie Build a bear and star wars mugs for  both of them.  Kenz got a homemade sign with the nicknames she and Jeff gave each other in highschool.

We got home Sunday, and I was off on monday, so I cooked a turkey, ham and scalloped taters, for dinner, after dinner we opened presents, being as I had to work Christmas day, and let's be honest, the kids are not 10,, and getting them up in the mornings just suck!! lol  Tom overcompensated for forgetting jammies for me last year and bought me two pairs of jammies,, bless his heart! lol He also bought me a utah utes shirt, a concealed carry purse for my 9mm that I got as well!!!

It's been a quiet month, one for reflecting on what is important, and what really matters.  We took a few minutes and remembered those we have loved and love still that have passed on.  It's been a year of moving forward.  The first year was hard,, the second year, sucked,, just sucked,, the third year I was numb and this year, I feel like me again.  The one who loves Christmas, who had every reason in the world to celebrate the love and birth of our Saviour.  Thank you for all your love and support, and continued friendship.

May the true spirit of Christmas fill your home and your hearts for all of 2019.

And God bless us, everyone <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment