Tuesday, February 25, 2014

An Angel disguised as a spoiled ALMOST 11 yr old





Just try to get a NORMAL picture of this kid,,, if you have succeeded, PULEASE forward it to this child's mother! 

He's spoiled,*he's the last of 6, and one his mum never thought she would have!*, he sasses back, *I blame this on teenagers being the closest siblings he has in age*,  he has a false sense of entitlement, *again,, teenagers* he thinks he's 18, when in fact he is only 10, *I blame this on being cut off from the procreation circuit after being financially responsible for 6 kids*, he only eats processed foods, *SERIOUSLY,, his dad!*, he screams, cries, throws fits, gets angry,........

He loves, he hugs, he helps, he is self sufficient for the most part, he can take things with a grain of salt, he rolls with the punches.  After his dad was in the hospital the first two times, he was staying with a friend of ours here in Nevada, after she asked him how he was doing, he got all serious and he says to her "My dad is really sick,, I don't know what he's got, but I sure hope he gets better".  Then he went off and played with his friend.  He never knows what he's going to wake up to, a dad that's feeling good, or a dad that can't keep water down.  He helps his dad test his blood sugars every day, gets his dad's insulin for him, helps him get the units he needs, he loads the dishwasher *most days*, he gets his own breakfast if Dad is too sick to get up, he makes his lunch, he folds towels, *grumbling, but he does it*, he does his laundry, he helps make dinner, he is very quiet when his dad is down, he takes care in making sure his dad is doing ok.  He rubs his dad's back, he laughs and jokes with him, tries to make his hero feel better, laugh, chuckle, anything to take his mind off his sickness. 

He's a picky eater,, *that's putting it mildly, remember the 6 hr battle of the fried rice?*  And Dad has decided it is time for this young man to try more grown up foods.  We grabbed some chicken the other day for dinner, and as per usual I was trying to figure out what boy would eat, as this chicken was an actual chicken and not processed pressed crap in the form of a nugget.  We get home put the chicken on a plate and that little smartie pants grabs a chicken leg and ATE it!  seriously??  We didn't say much as we had company over, and didn't want to make a big deal out of it in front of them, but when they left, let me tell you, we hugged that boy,, ok I hugged that boy, Dad asked how it tasted and said how proud he was that boy was willing to try new foods.

Then yesterday I get a text from Dad "Would you believe me if I told you that he ate oatmeal for breakfast"  WHAT???  seriously??  "oh and he once again, helped me get my blood sugars tested and got me some food to bring them up a little".

He's growing up,, way too fast.  He loves to help.  He loves to feel responsible.  He cries when his dad is down, he laughs and loves to make others laugh. He is completely engulfed in Dr Who, Minecraft and Legos.  He loves getting letters from his Big Brother. He is excited to go to 6th grade in the fall, and be done with elementary school *NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*, He has been a handful,, and more times than not, a HEARTFUL.  He makes me happy.  He kisses my forehead almost every night, because "Mum, Jake asked me to while he was gone", *this is something his brother has done since he was tall enough to reach my forehead*, he takes such good care of his dad, while I am at work.  Makes sure he is warm, he's laying properly *eye surgery, FACE DOWN DAD!* , makes sure everything is within reach for his dad before he leaves for school. 

I am watching my little unexpected baby become a fantastic young man.  The fits have stopped,, mostly, every once in a while one rears it's head and I am reminded how much he still needs me and his dad.  The yelling, and anger have subsided.  I walk past his bedroom and he's sitting crosslegged on his bed reading the scriptures, because "that's what we have been told to do". 
He is sooo smart.  He continues to amaze all his teachers.  I have lost count of how many times people have come up to me and mentioned how incredibly knowledgeable he is.  No idea where he got this from, but I hope he keeps his thirst for knowledge for the res of his life.






He loves his siblings and tries soo hard to get their approval and love.  Give the boy a lego set and you will not hear a peep from him until it is complete.  If it's a particularly hard one, give it to him early enough in the day that he can finish it before bed. otherwise look out! 

He has been the glue in our family through the rough times, without even knowing it.  We have had our ups, and our downs.. we've cried, laughed, hugged, cuddled, smooched on the cheeks, etc together.




Just thought it was time to put that out there, to make sure he didn't get forgotten in all the eye surgery updates, kidney failure updates, big brother on a mission updates, you know,, life....sometimes we tend to forget the little most important things out there, when the trials start stacking up,,,,

I love this kid!!!  He continues to amaze me every day.  He knows what is most important and it's family. AND  I am thrilled he chose ours to be a part of!!!!  Thank you for being the BEST you and for all your help with everything!!!!  We love you Bud!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment