Friday, February 21, 2014

The Power of Prayer

We've been asked many times if we have thought about moving back to Utah. Honestly it would make sense to, The Johnson family is all there, we would be closer to my family, our two oldest live there and they are a huge help!  Here's why we are quite content where we are.

OUR AWESOME HENDERSON FAMILY!!!!

Todd called me yesterday morning and told me he woke up having an insulin reaction and his blood sugars were are 45,, they are supposed to be in the low hundreds people!, *que panic attack*  I made one phone call and had someone come check on him and help him.  One,, I didn't have to go through our ward list,, and it wasn't even the Bishop I called! 

Earlier this week we had to go to St George for a pre op appt for the catheter surgery, and I had to work until 10:30, instead of having me drive 30 minutes back to henderson, and have to drive another 30  minutes minimum to get out of the city limits, Todd made one phone call and had a sweet sweet friend, who asks us every single week if there's anything he can do for us, drive Todd to my work so we could leave from there.

Last night the Bishop came over to give Todd a blessing, and honestly, this man and his family is soo much more than just a Bishop to us.  He walked in, gave me a hug and asked how I was doing,, I am allowed to be honest with him.  He doesn't judge me, so I whispered to him crappy. scared, trying my damnest not to freak out.  He just smiled and we visited for a bit, He and another friend gave Todd a blessing, and of course I was in tears.  Then this funny man that we love so very much, pointed to the chair Todd was in and looked at me and said,,, sit!  DUDE,,,, I SAT!  Todd & Bishop gave me a blessing, and this incredible feeling of peace came over me as I listened to what the Bishop said.   For the first time in days I was completely at peace and knew everything was going to be ok.

Today, Kenz came down and spent the day with Levi so I didn't have to worry about that, so we get to the hospital, they check us in, and take us back to where we wait,, they hook Todd up to an IV, and we watched the US vs Canada Men's hockey,, hahahahahahahaha,,,

I looked at Todd and asked,, "can we say a prayer really quick please,, I have that pit in my stomach again."  He asked if I would say it,,,,

I asked Heavenly Father to please help me feel peace, and more importantly to please please please guide our dr and his team that they would know what to do to keep Todd safe.

A simple plea from a spaz of a girl

About 30 minutes later, the anesthesiologist comes in and says,, "we can't put you to sleep,, your hemoglobin is super low, so we are going to do local,, ok?  Just co-operate and you'll do fine"

AND HE LEAVES!  I panic ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? GET THE CRAP BACK HERE I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

NOPE,, he left.  Todd sees panic sweep across my face and says what he can to soothe my frazzled nerves.  OIY OIY OIY!!

Dr Wickens, our surgeon, walks in, and says that Todd's hemoglobin is super low,, and seeing the confusion on my face says, is he anemic?  OH HELL YES he's anemic! lol I coulda told you that!  He chuckles and says,, that's what hemoglobin is,,, ok smartie pants, we didn't all go to medical school! (no I didn't say that, but I wanted to!)  SO I ask our Dr, saying please dont take offense, but how confident are you at doing this with just a local.  And he tells me 60-80 % of his doing these surgeries are done with local anesthetic.   I lean in to whisper into Todd's ear "remember our prayer... they're doing what we asked,, we have to remember that"  and this completely calming feeling came over me.

RIGHT UNTIL THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO LEAVE HIS SIDE!  AAAUUUUGGGHHHHH
I'm sure people in the waiting room thought someone had died, the way I was crying,.,

Long story short,, haha,

the surgery took about an hour.  The dr was able to get 90% of the blood that was pooling in his eye out, YAY!, and he scraped away the scar tissue and pushed the retna back in place and placed an air bubble inside his eye to hold the retna in place until it reattaches.  He said Todd was fantastic and did great!!  When I finally got back to see him, he just smiled,  and said "who are you?  what,,, my wife?? How did I get so lucky!?"  haha riiiiight!   So now we are home, and I have to watch him for the next 35-48 hours making sure he takes his drops, and keeps his head pointed DOWN to keep the air bubble in place, otherwise we have to do this all over again,, no thanks~!!!!!  I've never been on that side of the operating room before,, I don't like it! And Lucky me, I get to do it all again on March 3!! 

Bring on the blessings and prayers my family,,, bring them on!!!!

We have an incredible family, spread all across north america,, you love us and support us so very much. And mean so much to all of us,, We can never repay you!

We have an incredible family here in Henderson, that has stepped in and been there when our family's can't be.   There are no words to express how much we love each and every one of you. 

This is where we need to be.  This is where we belong.  This is our Heavenly Father's plan for us, at this time in our lives.  Honestly, there is no where else we would rather be. 

Thank you to every one, family, friends,,, acquaintances, who have kept us in their thoughts and prayers, who have dropped everything at a moments notice because I am freaking out and am at least 30 minutes away, who take our youngest into their homes and treat him like he is one of their family, who volunteer to take the place of DAD so our youngest can go to his first scout camp this year even though he isn't supposed to go without his dad because he's only 11, and well, Dad is just too sick to go.  Thank you for the dinners, the kleenex, the venting ears, the hushed mouths when I over react, not often but I do at times, the non judgemental ears that just listen, and the missionaries, OH MY HEAVENS here come the tears, who come and drop by just because they felt a prompting to, and we are in need of a blessing,, who text me and ask how surgery is going, who talk me down when I'm letting my mind go to places it shouldn't.  THANK YOU!!!!!  

You will never know how much you all mean to us.  How much we love each and every one of you!

Our prayers were answered long before we even spoke them, because of all of you! 

*insert heart here*

No comments:

Post a Comment