Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life is what you make it!

I get that life is hard. In fact it down right sucks at times. I also completely understand the need to vent and have a place where one can release the yuck, so to speak. It gets very disheartening when I see the same people post over and over again how much their life sucks. All I can think is, life, seriously, is what you make it. The first two years of my marriage my husband and I were separated by the country's boarder and immigration issues, then we had teenagers, then dealing with ex's and all that BS and mind games that go along with that, now kidney failure and only child syndrome. I make a conscious decision every single morning to: get up, brush my teeth, put on my smile, and plow head first into the day. I don't go timidly, I stand up and ready to face whatever comes our way. I try to keep a positive outlook, although sometimes all I want to so is hide from the world. I've learned a lot the last couple years,, one being attitude determines your altitude, another being: serving others makes my problems easier to handle. We choose our own paths. The decisions we make guide us to what path we are on. We are not the only one who influence that path however we are the only ones who control where that path leads. Things like "fml", I hate,,, etc etc take us down a path that is lonely dark and overwhelming. Dwell on the positive,, change the negative. Take control of YOUR path. YOU DECIDE to be happy. You decide whether to have a fantastic day, an ok day or a horrid day. The point here,,,,,, YOU/I am the common denominator in these choices. What's your choice going to be today?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, spoken like a true hero. You are amazing. your blog here summed up what Thomas Jefferson stated: “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” You go girl.

    ReplyDelete