Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy times

I love creating, making things, watching things come to life.  Nothing is more soothing to me than sitting at my craft table and just playing.  Sometimes my kitchen table turns into my crafting table if I am in the mood to get creative with baking.  I love to bake, I love to eat what I bake, thus I do NOT do it very often,, in the words of either my oldest son or daughter, can't remember which one said this, "my mum is just not a cookie baking kinda mum!" *oiy*

Jake's birthday was a few days ago, and just because he isn't here doesn't mean we can't celebrate right?  He LOVES, no where near a strong enough word here, BATMAN! The kid thinks he's batman!  So, I made a batman cake!  YEP IT was delish!!  We even had his twin from another mother over to help us celebrate!  Johnnie was born on the same day, same year, a few hours after Jake, and about 1500 miles away! 

Happy birthday you AWESOME boys!!! sure am glad you are both in our lives!!!!

Two nights ago, the Cubscouts had their blue and gold banquet, and they challenged each cubscout to bring a cake decorated with the theme of scouting!  *hehehe* Challenge accepted!!  I knew what I wanted to do right from the moment Levi told me he needed a cake.  What do scouts do,, CAMP! this is the only reason I own ANY camping equipment at all, and even that is minimal at best.  I think we own two 2man tents, and 4 sleeping bags, maybe a canteen or two as well,, THAT IS IT!,, I digress,,  Here is the cake we made...


we did 3/4 of the cake with brown frosting, and the last 1/4 we did with blue for the lake,, the sand is peanut butter cookie mix, the kind you just add water to, the pup-tent is sesame snaps, the firewood, and boat are kitkats, the life jacket the one scout in the boat has on is orange starburst, the fire pit is mentos, the fish are Swedish, haha, the scouts are cinnamon gummy bears sitting on rolo tree stumps, the flames in the fire are yellow and red starburst that we microwaved for about 20-30 seconds and Levi molded it into the shape he wanted.  the neckerchiefs are yellow starburst rolled thin and looped around their necks, and their hats are chocolate chips,,  we even roasted the mini marshmallows before putting them on the "roasting sticks"  .  We had so much fun making this!!  Levi won most creative I think,, and he came in 2nd place over all!!  The little monkey grabbed the cake before they started cutting them and brought it to our table saying he wanted to take it home!  GREAT!! we really need that in our house!!  So the kind friends we were sitting with helped out by picking off all the candies on it.  Haha Thanks Stacie and Sam we couldn't have done it with out ya!!!  ;-)

Now, what to create next......


No comments:

Post a Comment